The Caroline County School Resource Officers (SRO) oversee the five Caroline County Schools, including the Caroline Diversified Learning Center (CDLC).
The School Resource Officer program is a community policing based approach practiced in the school environment. School Resource Officers are more than law enforcement officers on campus; they fulfill three main roles, as well as many other smaller roles, within the school community.
- The SRO is, first and foremost, a law enforcement officer with the goal of creating and maintaining a safe, secure and orderly environment for students, faculty and staff. The SRO does this by enforcing laws, investigating complaints and “keeping the peace”.
- The SRO acts as a law related presenter. The SRO will share special law enforcement expertise through presentations in the classroom to promote a better understanding of our laws and legal system.
- All SROs in Caroline County have been certified to teach by Department of Criminal Justice Services The SRO also provides legal resource guidance to students, parents, teachers, staff, and acts as a link to support services both inside and outside the schools.
- Caroline High School - Deputy Dip
- Caroline Middle School - Deputy Anderson
- Bowling Green Elementary - Deputy Jones
- Lewis and Clarke Elementary - Deputy Carty
- Madison Elementary School - Deputy Lewis